Sunday, November 27, 2011

rhythms

my life revolves around finding a beat that can pound me forward or hum me into peace.

my thoughts revolve around whether or not the rhythms i create are beats toward light, not a pulse that's making me numb.

and here i stand, 1 one-way flight and an outrageous adventure away from slaying all previous tempo & time from previous/current phases of life, about to create new rhythms and begin grooving to a new life, new perspective, new world.

i'm surprised by how restless i'm growing of my most recently released nannying/grocery shopping/grad school-applying beats. i'm surprised by how quickly i'm beginning to anticipate the unfamiliar, enticing beats of the world to the south. i'm excited to rock to the rhythms of harvesting/sowing/spanish-speaking, renewing the beats that i've grown with and remixing them to be fresh and life giving.

it'll be nice to stop worrying about the fruitfulness of familiar rhythms - now the only thing to do is start coming up with new ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment