Monday, September 15, 2014

does he know

i wonder
if you think about me.

i wonder if they're right
& you marked me the day we first met.

i wonder if you knew
that i would try to destroy your world
in hopes of getting mine back.

i remember
when i thought that you were the wounds you claimed
& that maybe i could save you.

i remember thinking
that i was fire & i'd burn you first.

but that night came.
& you tore my soul from body.

remember what you said to me?
you told me to give myself
you told me to love you.

instead, you took, &
you decided my bones were love enough.
you didn't look satisfied after you were through.

maybe that's why my veins run dry &
days like today, i'm still your shell.

& when the after came
you chattered those sorry words, & said that you were broken too,
& that i mattered.

but you forgot to mention it was
only to the point that my tongue controlled your fate.

now you're buried in concrete
& somehow i'm the evil & you
befell my victim.

tonight i wonder
if you think about me in your shackles.

was it worth it?

No comments:

Post a Comment