Wednesday, August 22, 2012

learning to love ghosts (oh my).

a lot of times being haunted has a tone that makes me shiver. but i'd rather give my ghosts credit for being reminders that keep me standing tall.

everyday the sun gives me has built upon those it rose upon before, stacking towers wrought of lessons (some more haunting than others). should i shy from those ghosts i'd be spun, forever twirling in flat tires & wretched lines & water logged days. my ghosts make appearances to remind me of the moments that have made me progress, be them poltergeists or angels.

my history lies in my ghosts' chests, and i pray to be haunted til my soul soars with theirs. i will keep them as master, and i as their forgetful servant...at least when i remember that i am nothing but a composite of quartz that shines with my victories and ash that grays my stumbles.

to my ghosts: your spirits keep my feet light...haunt on.

No comments:

Post a Comment