Tuesday, October 23, 2012

desert & me.

i was surprised to find out that i can laugh by myself & it'll still taste sweet. sometimes i feel like the hollow ones i make when i'm in a crowded room are all i have & they always leave an empty grim on my tongue. but i just discovered that desert sun and finally freed skin make for joy that's light & laughter that cures.

my broken body made me slow & led to a journey halted, which seemed just right due to where i've gotten lost just now. it made me remember that it's not always about reaching an end, but maybe about discovering the going. maybe i didn't see the magic arch, but my toes found sand & heart felt warm & i forgot about all those endless "where i should be's."

i think the wind & the stone & the cactus spines made me remember there usually are more pressing things than the future. i got lost in the desert & the desert got lost in me & now i can breath clean air again. enough with that future drowning, now i'm just loving each step as i get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment