Sunday, November 4, 2012

sun(flower).

i'm realizing that colorado's poisoned me with endless sun. all those rays have made me a junkie, & without pails of vitamin d, i start to wilt.

i lose my face & get lost in the world indoors. i forget what it means to be joy. that's why i think i might be a sunflower; i can only keep my head up in the daylight, otherwise my shoulders start to noose themselves. 

the sun lights my soul & shines the fifteen inches my scalps grown from root. it makes me remember all the steps i've taken along with these fifteen inches, and reminds me how far i've come. & i've never thought i could have done it without the sun, especially on the days i needed to screen that scalp of mine from nicarguan rays. i may have been white & bald, but at least my shoulders could still brown.

so i will keep finding the time to capture up the light we're given daily. at least that's way i won't get stuck with a face full of pavement. 


No comments:

Post a Comment