Monday, November 12, 2012

beauty miss.

thinking on those two sweet faces that mumble nonsense & those four feet that stumble for parks make me swell. they're the bright spots too. they're ones that shatter my haze; at least they've got their bright heads on straight. it may just be a "you're crazy, aren't you?" or a wicked witch chant, but they make me remember that drops falling don't need to make me so serious.

& he's kind of like sunshine whenever my brain's cloudy. he kills all my muggy thoughts & lights up my darker greys. he always knows what to say when i'm drowning in storm; it's always just a simple "you're okay," or "you're a good person," but it still makes the rain break.

 i love all the ones that make me dance too, be it a living room meltdown or a hallow's eve mash. all those self-loathing aches fall off with a cupid shuffle or reggae romp. i may be white, but grooving with the good ones always makes me heal.

& her old apartment where we swam in the rain & sang our off-keys. instead of stopping the rain she soaked me in it, showing that rain itself carries light & there's nothing to be scared of. all these are the ones that remind me of what i'd forgot.

eyes peeled in  half moon make me love all those that my eyes haven't seen much. those nights full of them and their lessons make me see the beauty in missing. bless up to those that make me whole, & bless down to all those who have.


No comments:

Post a Comment